Πέμπτη 7 Φεβρουαρίου 2013

"Dawn" Arthur Rimbaud


I have kissed the summer dawn. Before the palaces, nothing moved. The water lay dead. Battalions of shadows still kept the forest road. 
I walked, walking warm and vital breath, While stones watched, and wings rose soundlessly. 
My first adventure, in a path already gleaming With a clear pale light, Was a flower who told me its name.
I laughted at the blond Wasserfall That threw its hair across the pines: On the silvered summit, I came upon the goddess. 
Then one by one, I lifted her veils. In the long walk, waving my arms. 
Across the meadow, where I betrayed her to the cock. In the heart of town she fled among the steeples and domes, And I hunted her, scrambling like a beggar on marble wharves. 
Above the road, near a thicket of laurel, I caught her in her gathered veils, And smelled the scent of her immense body. Dawn and the child fell together at the bottom of the wood. 
When I awoke, it was noon. 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου